There are still places available
The beautiful village of Geijsteren is within walking distance of the campsite. A small village with 450 inhabitants and a flourishing social life. The village still has old white buildings, the shutters of which are painted in the color of the former manor.
The important castle with the famous Tuscan colonnaded courtyard around the courtyard dating from 1666, did not withstand the war in 1944. In recent years the ruin has been restored and visitors get an impression of what the castle looked like in the past.
St Willibrord's Chapel, set in the middle of the ancient wood, five steps from the road, was rebuilt in 1641 on a site where the Holy Bishop used to preach and baptize. In the months of June, July and August, the chapel is open on Wednesday evenings for a service at 7:00 PM. The water from the well was given a curative power against eye diseases.
At the edge of the forest is the Rosmolen, a watermill with a pyramid roof, which, like the adjacent farmhouse, has a reed roof, where grain is still ground.
On the side of the campsite is the golf course, Golf and Country Club Geijsteren.
And of course you will also come across chapels along the way, each with its own intention. Sometimes it seems as if time has stood still here.
The area around the campsite and the Maas valley are ideal for walking and cycling. There are large areas where nature lovers will get their money's worth. Both in the immediate vicinity and a little further away. Geijsteren estate, the Boshuizen nature reserve, the Maasduinen National Park, the Hamert National Park, the Grote Peel National Park. There is a bicycle network junction in Limburg and Brabant. Planned walks are available at the campsite reception.
There are various catering establishments within walking and cycling distance for everyone: